Monday, January 28, 2013

Piecing it together, covering gaps

I just talked to an archivist over at Gray.  I'm trying to get copies of our old command chronologies that we can keep at the unit.  Right now we only have so many of them, and they're concentrated in the 1990s and over the past few years.  Long story short, he was able to turn up documents from us going back to 1971, when we became MWCS-48, but there are some gaps.

I'm working on finding a Marine to go over to Quantico and spend a day scanning everything, and checking some of our previous names.  If anyone is out in the Quantico area (or is going to be), and wants to spend a whole day scanning or xeroxing documents, let me know.  If not, plan B is that I try to convince my brother, Sgt Palmer, to do it for us.  He spends plenty of time over at Gray anyway.

When we have everything, we'll be able to see exactly what we're missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment